News & Reviews
Gabrielle had the opportunity to share her perspective and speak up about how we can use the arts as activism on a panel with Columbus Young Professionals Club for "The Importance Of The Arts During Difficult Times."
The panel lineup includes:
• Tom Katzenmeyer, President & CEO at Greater Columbus Arts Council
• Christy Farnbauch, Executive Director at CATCO is Theatre
• Peggy Kriha Dye, General Director and CEO at Opera Columbus
• KaTanya Ingram, Singer-Songwriter
• Angela Meleca, Executive Director at Ohio Citizens for the Arts
• Scott Woods, Founder of Streetlight Guild
• Gabrielle Solange, Artist/Activist
• Moderated by Derek Grosso, CEO & Founder of the Columbus Young Professionals Club and Merry Austin, Board Member at CYP Club Cares
"Thank you so much for performing at Inniswood Village. you lifted our residents' spirits! Thank you for crossing paths with our community. Ifelt so blessed to have you there."
- Lori J.
"Gabrielle Solange's incredible spoken word performance highlights the black experience in the face of western beauty standards. Our skin color does not determine our worth. Gabrielle encourages us to let love replace fear and to celebrate diverse voices instead of silencing them." - TEDxColumbus
"Our opener Gabrielle Solange is a powerhouse with a beautiful story. Follow her! - YWCA
"I am COMPLETELY blown away." - Mik Zazon
"You are fierce and a force to be reckoned with - beautiful inside and out. Keep shining and being you!
- Achea Redd
"When I asked you to do Activists & Agitators, you had the best response! Your excitement for our work has been contagious. You are a LIGHT my friend!
- Adria Hall
"Gabrielle Solange projects slow-fuse-burning emotionality in Memories of You and Gee, I Wish I Had Someone to Rock Me in the Cradle of Love. "